Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Complete!

Wow - eight months late, the first draft is finished. I realized that I was stalling, avoiding the next steps which include actually trying to market the book. For the moment, it's still free (but copyrighted) to anyone who finds it here. Comment away, I just want to know that people have actually read it.

For those who have been following along, Chapter 56 has moved up to Chapter 63. The I'd gotten ahead of myself. Best thing is to pick up the whole work and if you've been reading just start up at 56 again.

The PDF version is HERE.

Or, there is a MobiPocket file HERE. This should be viewable on the Amazon Kindle, and with MobiPocket Reader on most Smartphones and PDAs.

So I have two things to do simultaneously now. First thing is some editing. A few continuity problems (exactly how old is Tali anyway?) and maybe paring down some of the explanations of the theories of time. It isn't hard to get repetitive when you go months between chapters. Tightening up the language a little. The hardest part is going to be rewriting chapter #23 - Allen's subconscious motivations. And I need to solidify Spaz's character so it carries through to the end. But the story itself won't change until the Coen Brothers insist on it.

Second, I'm going to start shopping it to literary agents. I suspect the rewrites will take much less time than the marketing, no reason not to send a sample of draft #1 out. If anyone has any advice or connections in this regard, PLEASE! let me know. I'll take all the help I can get.

No comments: